The Children’s Worlds dataset from the large-scale survey with about 55,000 children from 20 countries is now available to researchers.
The survey used three versions of the questionnaires for 8 year-old, 10 year-old and 12 year-old.
More information about this wave can be found here.
Information about the Methods can be found in the summery reports.
To receive the dataset, please fill out the form below. We will make every effort to get back to you within 14 working days.
The data is provided freely to all interested researchers under the following conditions:
– The data is to be used only for academic research purposes. It should not be used for commercial or profit-making activities.
– Please do not pass any data you have received from us on to others (apart from colleagues working on the same analysis). The reason for this condition is that we wish to be able to keep all data users informed of updates or other developments to the data. If you have colleagues outside your immediate research team who are interested in obtaining the data, you should not share the data with them. Instead please ask them to contact us directly to obtain a copy of the data.
– You will acknowledge the source of the data (including specifically mentioning the Children’s Worlds project) in any publications or other dissemination activities.
– You will inform us in advance of any publications, presentations or other dissemination activities that you undertake using the data. This helps us monitor the data usage. The key contact for this purpose is Hanita Kosher, the project coordinator (email@example.com)
– Please also note that the children who participated in the Children’s Worlds study willingly shared with us a great deal of detailed personal information about their daily lives and their families. We trust that you will make every effort to meet acceptable ethical and research standards. Please respect the confidentiality of the children and do not try to identify the children, their families, or their communities.
If you use the Children’s Worlds data in any publication, we ask you to include the following acknowledgement:
‘The data used in this publication come from the second wave of Children’s Worlds project: An international survey of children’s lives and well-being (www.isciweb.org). The views expressed here are those of the author(s). They are not necessarily those of ISCWeB.